The most impactful Republican polling and analytics firm in the nation is seeking a top recruit to join our research team as a Research Associate.
Our ideal candidate must have a love for politics, be competitive, have a logical thought process that solves problems, skillful in using Microsoft Office, know how to pick yourself up, hate losing elections, and be willing to arrive early and stay late.
At WPAi we love winning campaigns and have a track record for success. If this is you and you want to have an impact on the direction of the country toward freedom, then reach out to Mike Yelovich at firstname.lastname@example.org
This position is a great way to get into politics and begin your career. You will assist with projects at every level of politics and eventually move more into a leadership role.
- Develop survey instruments and analytics scripts,
- Proof for grammar and data inaccuracies,
- Build data charts and tables,
- Produce presentations and memos using PowerPoint, Excel, and SPSS (SPSS knowledge not required but you will learn it)
- Identify key points of data in survey results telling a “story” to provide concise and actionable recommendations to our clients.
- All in an effort to give clients a competitive edge over their opponent(s).
- Has a passion for conservative politics, campaigning, and winning elections.
- College Degree or Equivalent Experience
- Attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task
- Working experience with Microsoft Office such as Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Can clearly and intelligently communicate him/herself in writing.
- Most important is how much changing the direction of the country matters to you and your willingness to work as hard as you have to in order to win.
- Strong math skills
- Be organized, and
- Have a track record of winning whether in politics, sports, or the spelling bee.
- Be politically knowledgeable of campaigns, elections, and or election related processes.
- Be engaged and aware of new developments in politics and campaigns nationally and other important local races.
- Enjoys working in a fast-paced office setting with collaboration, debate, and Nerf gun fights.
Nice to Have:
- Working knowledge of statistical packages such as SPSS or R will put you ahead of the pack.
- Willingness to learn them will put you ahead just as much.
- Coding languages such as R, Stata, and SQL.
We are one of the leading Republican opinion research and data science firms in the country. Our clients include Senators, Governors and numerous Members of the House; and state and local officials across the country. We have offices in Washington, DC; Oklahoma City, OK; Austin, TX; Denver, CO; and Melbourne, FL. This position is located in our Washington, DC office.
We operate in a political culture, which can mean long hours and intense stress on occasion but also means a flexible, casual environment and opportunities to expand your skills and responsibilities quickly.
We value continuous learning and have both a formal political research and data science curriculum that is implemented internally for all analysts and a number of informal opportunities to build your skills and experience.
This position is an entry level position that typically starts around $40,000 base salary and is commensurate with experience. In addition to your base salary, you’ll be eligible to participate in our bonus pool after each quarter. In addition, WPA pays 60% of your medical, dental and vision insurance. We also offer a retirement 401K match at 4%. Finally, WPA has a flexible time off policy as well as snacks and coffee provided at the office.