The most impactful Republican polling and analytics firm in the nation is seeking a top recruit to join our research team as a Project Management Associate.
Our ideal candidate must have a love for politics, be competitive, have a logical thought process that solves problems, be skillful in using Microsoft Office, know how to pick yourself up, hate losing elections, and be willing to arrive early and stay late.
At WPAi we love winning campaigns and have a track record for success. If this is you and you want to have an impact on the direction of the country toward freedom, then reach out to David Vander Pluym at email@example.com and Mike Yelovich at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This is an ideal position for those who have worked with data on campaigns or those with some experience in the political or market research realms. You will assist with projects at every level of politics and eventually move more into a leadership role.
- Develop pre-survey stratifications
- Develop, design, and check cross tabs
- Review and edit survey programs to ensure 100% accuracy
- Format data and documents throughout the progression of projects
- Assist and maintain data accuracy.
- Produce data deliverables and post-survey weighting.
- All in an effort to give clients a competitive edge over their opponent(s).
- Has a passion for conservative politics, campaigning, and winning elections.
- College Degree or Equivalent Experience
- Attention to detail and self-motivation
- Ability to multi-task
- Working experience with Microsoft Office such as Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Can clearly and intelligently communicate him/herself in writing
- Most important is how much changing the direction of the country matters to you and your willingness to work as hard as you have to in order to win
- Strong math skills and baseline knowledge of statistics
- Be organized, and have a track record of winning whether in politics, sports, or the spelling bee.
- Enjoys working in a fast-paced office setting with collaboration, debate, Nerf gun fights, and working late into the night
- Knowledge of the American political system
- Working knowledge of statistical packages such as SPSS or R will put you ahead of the pack.
- Willingness to learn them will put you ahead just as much
Nice to Have:
- Took coursework in two or more of the following: political science, public policy, statistics, computer sciences or programming, sociology, government, international relations, communications, business, economics, or any blended coursework that teaches qualitative and quantitative research concepts.
- Coding languages such as R, Stata, and SQL.
We are one of the leading Republican opinion research and data science firms in the country. Our clients include Senators, Governors and numerous Members of the House; and state and local officials across the country. We have offices in Washington, DC; Oklahoma City, OK; Austin, TX; Denver, CO; and Melbourne, FL. This position is located in our Washington, DC office.
We operate in a political culture, which can mean long hours and intense stress on occasion but also means a flexible, casual environment and opportunities to expand your skills and responsibilities quickly.
We value continuous learning and have both a formal political research and data science curriculum that is implemented internally for all analysts and a number of informal opportunities to build your skills and experience.
This position is an intermediate level position that typically starts around $50,000 base salary and is commensurate with experience. In addition to your base salary, you’ll be eligible to participate in our bonus pool after each quarter. In addition, WPA pays 60% of your medical, dental and vision insurance. We also offer a retirement 401K match at 4%. Finally, WPA has a flexible time off policy as well as snacks and coffee provided at the office.